Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cool Facebook group

My students created their own group called "Who Says Blind Kids Don't Kick Butt at Sports?!". I L-O-V-E it! I am so proud of them for helping everyone change the way kids who are legally blind and visually impaired are viewed by the community.

Check out the group on Facebook. Many of the students will be participating in the Sports Adventure Weekend for 8th-12th graders on December 4-5, 2010. Justin, our APE guru, and I are leading a great team of PE instructors and students for a sports-packed weekend.

You can also check out several of the Camp Abilities websites for more information about how to incorporate physical fitness and rec & leisure for children with vision impairments.
www.campabilities.org or my fave, www.campabilitiesct.org.

I will also be running a Sports Adventure Weekend for primary grades in the spring. We need to get all of our kids active! If you need help with ideas, post your questions so I can help!

No comments :

Post a Comment