Tuesday, January 15, 2013

CVI Look Profile


My fave CVI guru, Gigi, created this super awesome "Look Profile" for one of her CVI kiddos. I happened to be wandering by her desk as she was sharing this snazzy profile with a colleague. Of course I begged her to let me share this on the blog! There is a lot of information to fit on to a standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper but with a simple enlargement on the copier (8 1/2 x 11 to 11 1/2 x 17--it's usually an auto setting), you can have a nice large map of this Look Profile. Just fold the large paper in half and it will become an 8 1/2 x 11 that folds out. 

Are you not sure what you are looking at? This Look Profile allows the team to see "at a glance" the CVI issues for the student. It's beautifully organized into all the important categories of CVI (i.e. latency, movement, complexity, etc.). This is a handy resource for your team (especially classroom teachers) to get an idea of what your child with CVI sees and needs.  Parents should also know how to use and read this. When parents know how to read this, they can help share information with the team as well. 

I am experimenting with how I can upload documents to share (and then you can do an easy download). The link to the publicly shared Google Docs  CVI Look Profile is here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3qOj9emFfL1S3NTWHRtQlR4YmM/edit

In the event that the link doesn't work (although I have tested it before publishing), email me and I will send you the slide. You can email me at robbin.keating@gmail.com. This is great to use in annual education reports. Just the perfect CVI accessory for IEP season. 

No comments :

Post a Comment