Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Candy Cane Twists Recipe

You can make these into candy canes or wreaths! If you are going to do candy canes, think about expanding the lesson and buy some actual candy canes and eat them! Have your child hang candy canes on the tree! Let them smell the peppermint and discuss what other things smell like peppermint during the holiday! I can go on and on but I hope you are picking up what I am putting down here about connecting your recipe to other concepts around this holiday especially for younger children. There is even a little OT-type work in this one with the twisting (a little fine motor, hand coordination, etc.). I found this recipe in Family Fun (my never ending idea box of fun). You can also make wreaths, hearts and star shapes :)


No comments :

Post a Comment